Canadian Provincial B license
Passionate soccer player with years of experience as a youth coach, excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a strong desire to develop well rounded soccer players.
- 15+ years playing competitive soccer
- 5+ years coaching
- Played at the varsity level for Florida Institute of Technology
- Player in the Ontario Soccer League, Peel Halton District League and Brampton Adult Soccer League
- Coordinated and managed many successful recreational soccer teams as a player/coach
- Played in Norway at youth level representing Jamaica (Essex Valley All-Stars)
- Experience with LTPD’s Four Corner Approach principles and methods for age-specific curriculum and training design for individuals and groups
- Experience in evaluating athletes' skills and review performance records to determine their fitness and areas that require improvement
- Very committed to youth’s development as players and as individuals
- Has a car and a clean police record
- Read more on my LinkedIn page
As a youth, I fell in love with soccer. At age 14, I was given the opportunity to represent Jamaica in Norway. This experience deepened my interest in the game and I subsequently joined my region’s youth development program. My eagerness to develop and my passion for the game allowed me to enjoy six wonderful years of competitive soccer during high school, and three more at the university varsity level. These experiences have shaped my life, and through soccer I have become the reliable, dependable and organized person I am. I have learnt invaluable lessons through my involvement as a soccer player and I am always eager to share these with the youths that I mentor.
During my time at Florida Tech, I would volunteer to coach children ranging from ages 10-14. I would also serve as captain/coach during intramural competitions. It was during this time that I developed an immense interest towards the development side of the game. These coaching experiences allowed me to recognize and appreciate the uniqueness of each player and the unique way in which soccer can impact their lives. As a coach, it is my responsibility to pay close attention to each player and to creatively help them sharpen their unique skills.
It is also important to interact with parents and inform them of their children’s weaknesses and strengths, and encourage them to reinforce positivity which will improve players’ confidence and development. I believe that soccer can be more than just a sport. It can be an avenue for children to have fun expressing themselves and develop personality traits that are useful to society. It certainly did for me, and I am committed to sharing this experience with the younger players and lovers of the game.
Soccer has taught me that respect for people, hard work, will to succeed, and positive time management skills are essential ingredients for success. These are just some of the qualities that I will bring to any coaching team. Please feel free to contact me at any time.
Worrell C. Wright
Get in touch
To get in touch, you can contact me directly.
You can also get in touch on any of the following platforms: