It’s official: Nike opened a shop on Amazon.com.
Nike is just one of many stores to move parts of their business online.
Now, before you start to panic, let me assure you that this isn’t all bad news! They will need help getting customers to know where to find their products. People like me, and hopefully you, can make a living because of this new trend. We can become Amazon affiliates (…and there are hundreds, if not thousands of companies with FREE affiliate programs. Amazon is just one of them).
How do I make money as an affiliate?
- Recommend useful products to customers
- Customers make an order
- The company pays me a commission
In terms of approach, these 5 steps have been working the best for me:
- Meet people online who care about a specific thing/topic (traffic/audience)
- Offer free valuable information about that topic
- Ask for email address to send them the free valuable information
- Say thanks (that might just be a me thing)
- Let them know when companies have useful products for sale
How do I better my skills as an affiliate?
There are many companies with these free affiliate programs, and making money from them is as easy as 1-2-3. Nonetheless, there are countless resources to learn how to get the best from these free affiliate programs. Here are some of my favorite places to start learning more about affiliate marketing:
- Wealthy Affiliates (Freemium)
- Lurn Nation (There is a $1 Summit going on – when I wrote this. Please let me know if this is closed so I can remove the link. I hope it is still going on though. #fingersCrossed)
- UpViral (I use this to increase product awareness, sales, and increase the return on my time. You have to see it work to understand just how amazing this is. Click here)
The game is always changing and as new “best” methods come around, I share them with my email contacts. Use the form below to join my email contacts.